|S&P 500 - End of Month Chart (EOM) - Channel analyzing Data from mid 2009, onward - as on 19 July'13|
|S&P 500 - End of Week Chart (EOW) - Channel analyzing Data from Aug' 2011 onward - as on 19 July'13|
|S&P 500 - End of Day Chart (EOD) - Channel analyzing Data from Nov'2012, onward - as on 19 July'13|
Learning from the Past Week: (click here for the post)
- Bulls look at saying 'bye bye' to the 'Triple Top Threat' with another up move and High #M1
- Bulls break through the previous All Time High and move the bar a little higher #W1.
- Index has also the Day channel Top, Week Channel Top and Month Channel Top as resistances to clear #M1,#W1 & #D1.
- The 5 EMA deflecting the 13 SMA, on the Medium term charts #W1 last week, aids this move for the Bulls.
- July uses the Long Term 5 EMA as support #M1.
- Bulls keep above the 13 SMA on the Week Charts #W1.
- Index kept above the 5 EMA on the EOD charts, for the last two weeks #D1.
- RSI peeps above oversold line #W2.
- Oscillator stays oversold #D2.
Bulls get a new 'All Time High'
Looking forward into the next Week:
- Bulls almost clear off the Triple Top Threat conclusively ...
Support & Resistance:
- New All Time High (July'13) and all the Channel Tops Red, Blue and White #D1, are the next resistances for the Bulls.
- The 76.4% Fibonacci Retrace #M1 - is the next major support.
- Staying above the 5 EMA on the EOM #M1 - shows long term strength of the Bulls.
- 5 EMA & 13 SMA #W1 - Deflection was good for Bulls.
- 5 EMA & 13 SMA #D1 - Cross would be good for Bears.
- Getting below the 13 SMA on the Week Charts #W1 important for Bears.
- Oscillator #D2 slipping below oversold favors the Bears.
- RSI sliding below its MA #W2 - would be good for Bears.
Bears hope one of the Channel Top Resistances hold, Bulls call for a new High and more #M1.